NW Natural is committed to a low-carbon energy future and our role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. There are six key decarbonization principles guiding our work. By adding your name below, you are letting us know that you may be interested in opportunities to stand up for energy choice and reliability in your community.
NW Natural is committed to a low-carbon energy future and its role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions. There are six key decarbonization principles guiding their work.
I support a decarbonization strategy in my community that includes the following key principles:
- Helping customers use less is the fastest and cheapest way to reduce emissions.
- All forms of renewable energy are needed in a balanced, low-carbon future.
- Communities served by the gas system have greater energy reliability.
- Leveraging the existing modern gas system in new ways must be a priority.
- Families and businesses should have a choice of energy options to meet their needs. Energy system diversification and competition provides the best opportunity for accelerated innovation.
- We must drive toward carbon neutrality in a way that leaves no one behind.
I believe the best way to realize the most promising low-carbon energy future, for all, is through a collaborative effort using a broad spectrum of solutions to reduce emissions and promote innovation. It’s why I urge policy makers at all levels to recognize that a diversified energy system is fundamentally stronger, more affordable, and more reliable.